Biblio-blog tag

I started not to answer this, as I always go for the delete key on chain letters and these kinds of things, but what the heck. In the spirit of the season upon us, I'll give a little.

The Exile Bibliophile, who writes an interesting and entertaining biblio-blog, "tagged" me with the following:

I am sorry, but I had to do this - it’s one of the rules

You have been tagged.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

First, thanks for the nice words about my blogs Archaeolibris and Bibliophemera. I somehow let four months go by on the former and the latter has fared only slightly better. Hurricanes (Gustav and Ike), sickness, vacation, and a backlog of work comprise my sling of excuses for not blogging more. But I have been sort of. I have a lot of incomplete entries in the pipeline and hope to finish tying them up and posting soon.

Six random things about me:

1. Growing up, I wanted to be a writer and live in an old house in the mountains in New Hampshire. Or be a Major League Baseball player. I'll settle for a writer of blogs or whatever in Texas. Last year, though, I did get to walk in the footsteps of a famous New Hampshire writer.

2. I'm an IndyCar Racing fan and got to go to my first Indy 500 last May.

3. I like to start my day off with a long walk. I said I like to, but my exercise habits of late have gone the way of my blogging. Ditto for gardening--no winter veggies from the Back 40 this year.

4. Favorite dinner I like to cook: Maine lobster with corn and chips and a favorite beverage or three--New England style. Expensive in Texas, so it doesn't happen very often.

5. Puedo hablar espaƱol un poco.

6. I like old books--scouting, selling, and discovering bits of history in them. If the bookselling biz doesn't pick up (no encouragement from the present economy), I might have to get used to saying "Welcome to WalMart" or some such phrase.

As for the rest of this exercise, I'm not gonna bother anyone with it. The few folks I link to have probably already seen it anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to open a book

A Bookaholic and Bibliophile in Ukraine

Henry Altemus Company - Philadelphia